Thursday 6 March 2014

'Nothing Tastes As Good As Skinny Feels.' …I can name a few things.

Arguably one of Kate Moss' most iconic quotes, but definitely one of her most controversial. The woman has been described as one of the 'most iconic models' of all time. Sure, she's made her way around the modelling block so to speak, but with a professional make-up team, professional photographer and fully equip studio I could probably be one of these pouncy models.

But as I browse Twitter i'm starting to see an increase of '#NothingTastesAsGoodAsSkinnyFeels'; and honest to god I want to launch myself off a cliff.

They've clearly never had cheesy chips on that long walk home from Oceana or ordering yourself in a Dominos because why the fuck not? Or coming home from a bad day at work and being greeted by your favourite comfort food. I don't think not eating feels as good as that warm hug feeling you get from eating hot food after freezing all day.

We're all born different shapes and sizes and that just makes us who we are. Admittedly we all have our off days. I know I certainly do, I have my days where I feel as fat as a house, or the days where I haven't eaten properly and I just feel like shit. But to label not being thin as something bad is absolutely ridiculous. I love food and I not ashamed to admit that.

So i'd rather not take that idea of being skinny and have night where I eat so much chinese it physically hurts to move.


No comments:

Post a Comment