Tuesday 4 February 2014

Student Life: The beautiful relationship between students and their beds.

 We've all been there. You wake up and for whatever reason, we just don't want to leave the warm snuggly sheets where you've just spent dreaming of all of your heart's desires. (Or not, your dreams not mine.)

But think of the eternal struggle of the student facing a 9AM monday morning lecture. Its cold outside the mini fortress of warmth that is your duvet, your alarm has been set to snooze for the next 10 minutes  and does that lecture really matter?  I can honestly say I have answered that question as a no, turned my alarm off and rolled over and gone back to bed to only miss daylight for that day.

But this isn't a one off thing, oh no. It'll happens perhaps one or two times a week, (hangover depending) But more than likely, students will drag themselves out of that mini warm paradise and get ready to face that cold, long day ahead of them. But to only daydream of that beautiful moment of when they are either able to go back to their bed and nap further or to finally go back to sleep.

They should add another definition to Student. Night owls. We spend all night wide awake, doing whatever we students like to do. (Honestly, I don't even really know where the time goes) but as soon as that clock hits 3AM we crash into our beds for a few hours to then be woken up with the heartbreaking sound of our alarms to get us up to go to uni. Every morning I wake up and tell myself that tonight I will go to bed earlier and get a decent amount of sleep,  not to have the never ending struggle of wanting to stay in bed vs going outside and doing something.
But do I ever listen to myself? No. Never.

But whenever I leave my room I will always look to my bed with love in my eyes knowing that in a few hours i'll be back to nap in it.



No comments:

Post a Comment