Thursday 17 October 2013

Red hair at Uni: The bitter sweet relationship.

Having bright hair at uni definitely gets you noticed. Not to mention it makes it everyone else know who you are easier. "You know the girl with the red hair?" "Oi, you red head." Are a few examples of this.

But maintaining such a high maintenance hair colour on a student budget is incredibly hard, you either have to risk going for a manky colour, for example in my case letting it fade to a salmon pink, or even worse. Peach. Or you risk trying to make your colour last for as long as possible without properly washing it, (Dry shampoo is my best friend.) But even buying a can of dry shampoo every other week the total of that cost adds up.

Not even to mention the dread of going for a shower and knowing you're going to leave the shower looking like a murder scene. Or looking at your hair becoming more dull and lifeless from the amount of dye on your head.

Personally, i'm too scared to dye my hair at uni because I can't dye my hair without getting hair dye EVERYWHERE. I mean everywhere. I managed to get it on light once back at home. (I don't even know how I managed that one.)

But having red hair makes me stand out from everyone and it makes me who I am. I am yet to meet someone at uni who has the same hair colour as me, which is a welcome change. However, I am in an internal debate of do I make my life easier and dye my hair back to my natural boring hair colour? Or do I power through all of the annoyance and keep it red for as long as I possibly can?

I know eventually i'll dye it back to brown. But red hair makes life definitely more interesting, especially a really easy halloween costume.

Who knows what i'll do? I know I especially don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment