Wednesday 5 December 2012

Songs of the month.

Christmas is only around the corner and i'm not feeling the Christmas cheer. Possibly will after watching the Will Ferrell Christmas film Elf. (I'm a Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins.) But until then i'll continue listening to all my normal music. Here is what i'll be listening to this month;




1) A Day To Remember - Right Where You Want Me To Be.

 


The only song that will get me in the christmassy mood will probably only be this one. Released a few years ago, and now is the only acceptable time to listen to it. I say every year I never hear this song enough, for me it's one of those songs which you can never tire of.




2)  Keaton Henson - To Your Health.

 
 
The video of this song is almost as beautiful as the song itself. This song is ideal for rainy nights listening to this against a window. Less christmassy than the first but still hauntingly beautiful. Henson uses simple chords and lyrics but using it all in this manner makes this song so great. Genuinely inforcing the general term, 'Less Is More'.
 
 
 
3) Marina and the Diamonds - Homewrecker.
 

 
I don't listen to Marina nearly enough as I should. Her Electra Heart album is one of the best albums i've heard in a while, conveying the true side of a teenage girls mentallity. This song is probably one of my favourites on the album. The song itself is catchy and to be honest I relate to it the most. Especially the lyric 'I broke a million hearts just for fun'
 
 
4) Little Mermaid - Under The Sea
 
 
After recently downloading the 'Now Thats What I Call Disney' album, i've recently re kindled my love for all the disney songs. Shamefully singing them to myself on the bus (caught myself doing this many times.) The Little Mermaid will forever be my favourite disney film, and with catchy tunes such as this it's hard not to love it and sing along.
 
5) Issues - Princeton Ave
 
 
 
Part of my more hardcore tastes. Taken from their EP Black Diamond, Issues have definitely surprised me, I didn't have high expectations of these (even though I am a Tyler Carter fan girl) I felt as if they would bring too much difference. And to be honest I was still a bit broken over Tyler's sudden leaving of Woe, Is Me I slightly had a mental block against these guys. But after listening to this EP I am glad to be wrong for once.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment